WOW Winner

WOW Winner

Tuesday 6 January 2015

January Healthy Eating Plan:Day 1

Hi all!

First let me wish you all a very Happy New Year I really hope 2015 is everything you wish and dream of.

So, after a very indulgent few weeks I have decided that I really need to cut down on alcohol, eat healthily and exercise more. I am by no means embarking on any extreme form of diet, Just choosing my meals more carefully and including lots of fruit and vegetables in my daily meals. I had the idea that if I blog daily and maybe share my daily diet with my readers, hopefully with your feedback it will keep me on the right track, and in turn I will help to motivate you guys also! We are in it together ladies!!

I started on Monday as for me this was my 1st of January.... Ok, so I cheated, but it was the weekend and I still had alot on and... well I just decided Monday would be MY first of January!

I am a day behind so I will post yesterdays meals today and today's meals tonight to get me up to date. I would greatly appreciate your comments and feedback.

DAY 1

BREAKFAST

2 slices of polish rye bread, with low fat butter, cup of tea and small glass of orange juice.





I am not one of these girls who can go carb free!! It makes me a tad crazy.. So instead I have switched to yeast free polish rye bread, its extremely good for those wishing to avoid wheat but still enjoy a sandwich! Its extremely high in fibre also and very low fat. it has a moist, rich flavour. Best of all it does not cause blood sugar to spike which is linked to weight gain.

LUNCH

Small tin of tuna, drained and a banana with a bottle of water



Bananas are one of my favorite fruits, they have to be fresh though so I like to buy them a tad green, this is just a personal preference. I love the small tins of tuna also as they are quick and easy and provide a high protein hit, a dash of salt and pepper and right from the tin is the way I roll!

DINNER

Homemade turkey burger with lots of salad and sweet potato fries.


This is one of my fave eat clean meals and a super healthy take on burger and chips and lets face it, on a Monday we all enjoy a bit of comfort food.

Its super easy to make and very tasty! Here's how I make it. Place a packet of turkey mince (thigh mince is a tad tastier) in a bowl with a good pinch of paprika, garlic, chilli flakes, dried parsely, tarragon and a good sprinkle of salt and pepper. Mix all together thoroughly, make burger patties out of even quantities of mince mixture, I usually get 4 burgers, and set aside in the fridge for 15 mins to chill whilst peeling and dicing your sweet potato. I popped the potato in the oven at 180 degrees for bout 25 min with a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper. Whilst these are cooking I cooked the burgers with my George Foreman grill and served them altogether with a fresh crisp salad, yum!!

In the evening I had to have a treat so had a mini caramel bar with a cup of tea... im slowly easing myself in. I walked alot yesterday and drank alot of water too so a wee treat cant do too much damage!

What do you think of my first healthy eating plan?

Have you gained any new ideas?

Lots of love,

Sarah.
xxx 



No comments:

Post a Comment